Who we are
- Majority owned by Azimut Group, one of Europe’s leading asset managers, Azimut Alternative Capital Partners (“AACP”) partners with private market-focused alternative asset managers and helps them achieve their greatest potential.
- New York-based with a global mandate to build a next generation, diversified, multi-affiliate investment firm by acquiring minority stakes in alternative asset managers and providing strategic value-added services.
- Led by industry veteran Jeff Brown, the AACP team has significant experience in investing, fundraising, due diligence and operations within the alternative asset management space.
Our Business Segments
- Acquires stakes in middle-market private markets businesses
- Acquires stakes in first time team/first time fund businesses in exchange for distribution
- Acquires stakes in emerging managers in exchange for strategy capital and working capital
- Advises on a broad range of alternatives funds exclusively for Azimut's global distribution system
What do we look for in an Affiliate?
- Private markets (non-CUSIP strategies) investment managers across credit, equity, venture, real estate, infrastructure, insurance, and “other”
- Target 20% bottom-line management company/GP stakes with strong alignment of incentives between AACP and Affiliate
- Visible and actionable growth plan and use of capital to enhance AUM & EBITDA
- Proven success in raising and deploying capital
- Responsible client-centric values
- Excellent investment culture
What makes us Different?
- Global wealth and asset management presence in 17 countries
- Access to Azimut Group’s diversifying international distribution and relationships
- True permanent capital
- Our corporate parent empowers us to drive performance over long horizons
- Creative capital solutions
- Growth capital; partner/founder transitions; capital structure clean-ups; seeder take-outs; GP co-investment capital funding
- Flexible on primary/secondary mix; no “one size fits all” approach
- Trusted long-term growth partner
- Operating management heritage – more than just a financial acquirer
- Distribution power and product intelligence
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Director, AACP CEO, Azimut
Director, AACP Co-CEO,Head US & Australia of Distribution, Azimut
Director, AACP Global Head of Asset Management, Azimut
Chairman, AACP Deputy CEO,AZ US Holdings
Kennedy Lewis Investment Management
Kennedy Lewis Investment Management LLC is an opportunistic credit manager of private funds and CLOs.
Kennedy Lewis’ private funds pursue a flexible all-weather investment strategy. Kennedy Lewis targets event-driven and opportunistic financings across public and private markets, and chiefly focuses on performing and stressed investment opportunities in the US. The Firm’s strategy regularly focuses on middle-market companies facing disruption, whether it be cyclical, secular, or regulatory related. Kennedy Lewis also partners with high growth companies that are themselves causing disruption, providing structured capital solutions to fit their needs.
Founded in 2019 by veteran private equity and marketing executives David Moross and Mark Bezos, HighPost Capital, LLC is a private investment firm focused on the global consumer sector.
HighPost seeks to leverage the respective skills, network and experience of its principals to create long-term value for its portfolio companies. HighPost focuses on opportunities with family-controlled and entrepreneur-led companies that share a differentiated approach to value creation.
Pathlight Capital is a private credit investment manager dedicated to meeting the needs of companies that operate across a broad range of industries by providing asset-based loans secured on a first or second lien basis against tangible and intangible assets.
Pathlight provides creative financing solutions to allow management teams to access incremental liquidity for the purposes of funding working capital, debt refinancings, growth, acquisitions, dividends and turnaround strategies.
Established in 2013, RoundShield Partners is an independent private investment firm focused on European special opportunities. With offices in Jersey, London, Geneva, Madrid, Paris, and Luxembourg, RoundShield provides innovative private capital solutions in the small to mid-cap real estate, infrastructure, hard asset and financial asset markets across Western Europe.
About Azimut Group
Azimut, established in 1989, is one of Europe’s largest independent asset managers with over $ 92 billion in Total AUM. The parent company Azimut Holding has been listed on the Milan Stock Exchange since 2004 (ticker AZM-IM) and is part of the FTSE MIB Index.
The Group is present in 17 countries with over 3,000 professionals around the world, including ca. 150 Portfolio Managers & Analysts as well as a proprietary network of over 2,500 Financial Advisors serving mostly the retail and HNW client base. It operates in three key segments including public markets, private markets as well as emerging markets, and currently has its main offices in Milan, Abu Dhabi, Cairo, Dubai, Dublin, Hong Kong, Indianapolis, Istanbul, Lugano, Luxembourg, Mexico City, Miami, Monte Carlo, New York, Santiago, São Paulo, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney and Taipei.
The Group has an impeccable track record of doubling it’s AUM every 5 years since the IPO, growing its Assets with a CAGR of +14%. The shareholder structure includes over 2,000 managers, employees and financial advisors working for the Group globally, bound together by a strong and long term shareholders agreement that controls ca. 23% of the Company, with the remaining being free float.
Azimut Group: history & key corporate milestones
Azimut Group: a truly Global company
Azimut Alternative Capital Partners Acquires Minority Interest in RoundShield, Striking its Fifth Deal in the Private Markets Space and First in Real Assets
July 28, 2022
Azimut Group, one of Europe’s largest independent asset managers, via entities affiliated with its US subsidiaries Azimut Alternative Capital Partners, LLC and AACP Investments, LLC, entered into agreements to acquire a minority equity interest in RoundShield Partners and certain affiliated entities, a leading European special opportunities investment firm with offices in Jersey, London, Geneva, Madrid, Paris and Luxembourg.
Azimut Alternative Capital Partners Teams up with BroadLight Capital and Acquires a Minority Equity Interest in the Firm
April 12, 2022
Azimut Group, one of Europe’s largest independent asset managers, via its US subsidiary Azimut Alternative Capital Partners, LLC entered into agreements to acquire a minority equity interest in BroadLight Holdings, L.P. and certain affiliated entities, a private equity investment firm focused on high- growth, innovative companies across the global technology and consumer landscape.
European alternative asset managers seek private equity funding
December 22, 2021
European alternative asset managers are increasingly looking to sell a stake in their businesses to private equity firms, as founders of businesses are taking a step back and growing fund sizes push managers to search for liquidity. Jeff Brown, chief executive officer of Azimut Alternative Capital Partners (AACP), is already seeing more opportunities coming out of Europe.
Azimut Alternative Capital Partners strikes its third deal in the US private markets by acquiring an equity interest in Pathlight Capital
July 26, 2021
Total Private Markets AuM managed by AACP’s affiliates reaches in excess of $ 8 billion.
This Asset Manager Is Turning the GP Stakes Model on Its Head
May 19, 2021
In an increasingly crowded market, European manager Azimut is using permanent capital and the promise of retail distribution to attract and align itself with alternatives firms.
Global Independent Asset Manager Azimut Makes Strategic Investment in Sanctuary Wealth
November 2, 2020
Investment provides long-term capital to fuel Sanctuary's strategic growth initiatives.
Azimut sees GP stakes bolt-ons as potent growth tool for mid-market firms
October 28, 2020
CEO Jeffry Brown, a former Dyal Capital Partners principal, expects to see bolt-on strategies in use over the next five years, especially as mid-market firms increasingly transact with GP stakes funds.
Azimut, One of the Largest Independent Asset Managers in Europe, Completes Phase One of the Team Buildout of Azimut Alternative Capital Partners in New York
September 1, 2020
Azimut, one of Europe's largest independent asset managers with ca. $ 60 billion in AUM, today announced that it had completed its first round of new hires for Azimut Alternative Capital Partners, LLC, "AACP", its New York-based multi-affiliate business focused on investing in alternative managers specializing in the private markets space, including private equity, private credit, infrastructure and real estate.
Azimut strengthens its presence in the US RIA space by partnering with Genesis Investment Advisors
August 31, 2020
The partnership increases Azimut’s presence in the Latam-focused RIA space with a strong and dedicated financial advisory and distribution partner, and further confirms the Group’s commitment in this segment after the greenfield initiative with AZ Apice in Miami in 2016.
Azimut Alternative Capital Partners strikes its first deal in the US private markets by acquiring an equity interest in Kennedy Lewis
July 29, 2020
Azimut Group via its US subsidiary Azimut Alternative Capital Partners, LLC ("AACP"), entered into agreements to acquire a minority equity interest in Kennedy Lewis Investment Management LLC and certain affiliated entities ("Kennedy Lewis"), a leading opportunistic private credit investment management firm headquartered in New York City.